Death Takes The Piss - Poem by Dónall Dempsey
Death goes on the piss
(he's already had a few too many) .
Death goes on the tear
(looking the worse for wear) .
Death belche4s: 'The drinks...
...are on me! '
Death only wants a little company.
But, when last orders are odered
Death drinks alone
...then goes home.
Death thinks: 'It's a dirty job but...
... someone's gotta do it! '
'I just wish it wasn't me! '
Then goes on living -
- so that others may die.
Then with a bursting bladder...
Death takes a pee
(still muttering drunkenly)
'I just wish it wasn't me...
...I just wish it wasn't me! '
Comments about Death Takes The Piss by Dónall Dempsey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl