Definition Of Love - Poem by Elizabeth Haasch
Here I sit my dear
trying to explain to you this situation I am in.
this is now a phrase with so much meaning.
A story I wish to tell to all
I told myself I have loved before
but what do they say love is.
A longing for,
a yearning for deep passion,
deep appreciation, contentment.
Webster’s dictionary describes it as
a profoundly tender,
passionate affection for another.
A feeling of warm personal attachment
or deep affection.
Everyone has their own meaning
of this little word and I have found
my meaning of love and
it's description is nothing longer
than a three letter word.
Comments about Definition Of Love by Elizabeth Haasch
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl