Demons (1992) - Poem by Patrick Wescott
What is this being
that rules over my soul?
With my heart in its hands
and its teeth in my mind,
Forcing me to do its will?
It causes me to love, hate or care,
without clueing me into the why.
It has control over everything I do,
and everything I say.
It owns me complete
Comments about Demons (1992) by Patrick Wescott
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl