Drink Away - Poem by Lauren Renee'
I like to drink away my pain
But not with alcohol or whiskey
Sometimes I think I am not sane
Maybe this is just a pathetic plea
I cut and drink what pours out
The salty and the thick blood
It lets me know what I’m about
As I drink up the flood
Does this make me a night-walker?
A dirty vampire; a blood sucking beast?
Am I now just a blood stalker?
Wanting only blood for every feast?
Maybe I will never know
Maybe you won’t either
Who knows when I’ll stop the flow?
Don’t worry, I don’t neither
Comments about Drink Away by Lauren Renee'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl