Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
'Drink From The River Of Silence' - Poem by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Visit this river, this silent river of life
See its secrets hidden in the deepest bottom
Measure its height, its width and breadth
And know that you are before a river of silence
So deep, so wide, so high - beyond measure,
A river of silence it is within the bells of time
Even as it empties itself to a far-flung ocean.
Drink from this river the water of life
Refresh your thirst for love, hope and faith
Wash your hands from the blood of violence
Fill your tongue by the honey from this water
Transforming fiery words to soothing words
Of comfort; bathe yourself, put on new clothes!
And only then, you can sing your song of joy.
Comments about 'Drink From The River Of Silence' by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl