"Earie" Tale - Poem by Ima Ryma
In a fit of madness, Van Gogh
Cut off his ear so the tale "Goghs."
Then to a prostitute did show
The severed ear in bloody pose.
Truly, Van Gogh did later paint
The "Self Portrait with Bandaged Ear, "
A selfie done with self restraint,
No pain or anguish does appear.
A Paul Gauguin, a Van Gogh "friend, "
In letters by both 'twixt and 'tween,
Makes a good case that the ear's end
Resulted from an assault scene.
Theory is both made up the tale
To keep Paul Gauguin out of jail.
Comments about "Earie" Tale by Ima Ryma
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda