Ima Ryma Poems
- A Dog Of Few Words A clerk said, 'Next in line - this ...
- Dad's Touch Growing up, all I had was Dad. He was my best ...
- Selfie 'Selfie' is the word of the year, The year two ...
- Seal Whiskers Whiskers, whiskers - I got a bunch, As any ...
- The Necklace I'd been invited to a ball. My gown was nice, ...
- Cuban Missile Crisis Nuclear chicken was the game. U.S. ...
- School Spirit I teach a college course on ghosts. A graduate...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Dog Of Few Words
A clerk said, 'Next in line - this way.'
A dog spoke up, 'I guess I am.'
'What can we do for you today? '
'I want to send a telegram.'
The clerk handed the dog a note.
'You'll have to write it out somehow.'
The dog took pen in teeth and wrote,
'Bow wow wow, bow wow wow, bow wow.'
The clerk read what the dog had penned.
'One to ten words have the same fees.'
'There's eight words now, so you can send'
'Another 'bow wow' if you please.'
'No, ' the dog said, 'Just between us, '
'One more would sound ridiculous.'