Encore - Poem by michele kostelnik
There will be no second appearance
Is it because we've been so blind?
The beauty of a lake with sun upon the snow
and spring flowers - will they still grow?
Many trees of green -
now have turned to dust.
Sky scrapers are a pile of rust.
As for people, there will be none.
A long time ago we had our fun.
Such a sad day it will be -
when we lose all humanity.
Exhibitionism ran its course.
Religion never found the source.
Some say special folk -
will wear a white cloak.
What an awful waste of time - to find,
We never used our God given minds.
Comments about Encore by michele kostelnik
Edgar Allan Poe
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl