Eternally. Always. Forever. - Poem by Danielle Ward
The sun hovers
On the brink of another day,
Glints on the hands of the clock.
There is no breeze to break the stillness.
My hands. Cold.
Breathing in. Tick -
Breathing out. Tock -
A silence, I call out. Speak of nothing, of waiting
It half died a while ago –
My heart. Beating like a clock, in suspense.
For him, it ended.
For me, it only just began.
But I will be waiting for him.
Eternally. Always. Forever.
And I know he will be here, at the end of days,
In the dying light.
Comments about Eternally. Always. Forever. by Danielle Ward
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl