As I Lay My Head To Rest. - Poem by Danielle Ward
As I lay my head to rest,
I pray my dreaming will be blessed:
With glittering starlight upon the moon,
Floating like a lost balloon.
With chuckling streams that catch the light,
And songbirds trilling with delight.
With soft white clouds in pure blue skies,
A lilting breeze that gently sighs.
With weeping willows that quietly droop
Their shadows, as they drape and stoop.
With blossom scents that chase the air,
Like children run without a care.
As I lay my head to sleep,
I pray my dreams are safe to keep.
Comments about As I Lay My Head To Rest. by Danielle Ward
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl