Excess - Poem by gershon hepner
“Give me excess, I plead, of youth, ”
the poet says, and feels immortal,
but if he only knew the truth
however would he make us chortle?
Sebastian, known as Johann Bach,
once said: “Ich habe quite genug, ”
which, middle-aged heresiarch,
I say in poems and my book.
Both thoughts should make a person smile,
for when you think you have enough
and youth no longer is in style
excess is all you can rebuff.
Comments about Excess by gershon hepner
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl