gershon hepner Poems
- And God Created Woman The generations of the earth and ...
- Being Funny My second choice is being funny, my first is ...
- Bar-Mitzvah When it is time for boys to shelve their puberty...
- It's A Man's Man's Man's Man's... It’s a man’s man’s man’s...
- Lamborghini You’d never see Signor Bertone
- Being Fabulous Starts are often fabulous, but ends are what...
- Reality And Verbs, Nouns And A... REALITY AND VERBS, ...
I am a physician who was educated in England and moved to the US in 1968 and to LA in 1976. In addition I am a scholar of the Hebrew Bible, and have written a book, Legal Friction: Law, Narrative and Identity Politics in Biblical Israel, published by Peter Lang Publishing in 2010. I am the father of four children who are all above average, and grandfather of nine exceptional grandchildren. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
And God Created Woman
The generations of the earth
and heavens are this poem’s story:
how man was first to come to birth,
and woman then became his glory.
Before the earth had any trees
and any herbs in fields could sprout,
there lived no man to shoot the breeze,
but since God could not do without
a helper in His earthly garden,
He took some very dirty soil,
and gave it shape and let it harden,
and said: “This is My man. Go toil:
the garden needs your utmost care,
for you are now a special worker.
Try hard, and I will treat you fair,
but punish you if ...