Feelings (Children) - Poem by C.J. Heck
Mom, why would kids say stuff to hurt me,
most especially, when they’re not true?
Don’t they even care about feelings?
Can’t they think first, before they hurt you?
She said those that do that are unhappy,
they’re very angry deep down inside,
but they just don't know how to fix that,
so they pick on kids smaller in size.
Mom said life is too short to stay angry.
If you let it, angry gets bigger each day!
But happy grows faster than angry can,
so be happy, it’s better that way!
Mom said just stand up for my feelings,
but do it nice, and don’t get all mad.
I try, but it sure isn’t easy,
being nice when they’ve made me so sad.
Comments about Feelings (Children) by C.J. Heck
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl