Fiddle Faddle - Poem by Alessandra Liverani
Something which seems clamorous and compelling
Crucial and critical it seems to be yelling
Important, indispensable, an absolute must
Really, can you explain to me what is all the fuss?
That feeling which claims you must light up a smoke
On what authority does it say you are yoked?
Who said you must always bow to its wishes?
Who said you have to listen to something so vicious?
(Sydney, Australia - 2004)
Comments about Fiddle Faddle by Alessandra Liverani
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Read poems about / on: light
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl