Final Warning - Poem by Lisa Bellear
Our Elders, Olders, respected warriors
have thought and fought for generations.
They have requested I inform this country
of an impending official war. Sadly I am
to convey, there seems to be no alternatives.
As of midnight December 31 2000 a state
of war will be declared in Australia.
An interim Council of War, is meeting
As we speak.
These are exciting times. Please continue
smiling. Two hundred and twelve
years seemed awhile to wait for recognised
treaty negotiations to commence
between First Nations Australians and
a Federal Commonwealth Australian
You will be kept informed and
Comments about Final Warning by Lisa Bellear
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda