Danny The Dreamer Boyd
For Granted - Poem by Danny The Dreamer Boyd
Forgive me, dear, for always being here;
I never knew persistence falls so wrong
On hearts that tire of once a favorite song:
A song that sounded for so long sincere!
Why don't we sing until we disappear?
Perhaps halfway we'll find where we belong,
Perchance we could our prompt climax prolong! —
How come I'm calm now that the end is near? —
I thought you'd recognize my overplay:
I sought to be all what you'd need at once…
You loved me well, until a minute passed,
You thought you could be back ‘ny given day;
Enough! I've given you one many a chance,
Alas, this wicked trance has been your last.
Comments about For Granted by Danny The Dreamer Boyd
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl