For The One I Love - Poem by Jean Evans
Some women need diamonds and flowers to fill their life,
But you gave me everything when you made me your wife.
For diamonds often get lost and flowers they fade,
But the love we share is here to stay.
Standing alone I am only me,
By your side I am complete and free.
Thank you for being my husband, my love, my very best friend,
Thank you most of all for letting me love you from now until forever's end.
Comments about For The One I Love by Jean Evans
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl