Kazi Nazrul Islam
For The Poets Of The Future - Poem by Kazi Nazrul Islam
Bright and hibiscus-red, like the morning sun
you are rising, you the poets of days to come.
The glowing morning for which we awake
You are waking in flocks, O birds, for that sake.
I sing the hymn in the hope that you will come
And rise in the blue sky that I make.
I leave behind the memory of my salutation -
please play on my lute your new-day song.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about For The Poets Of The Future by Kazi Nazrul Islam
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl