Lynette Dias Gouveia
Four Random Questions - Poem by Lynette Dias Gouveia
Why do we breathe, immutable compulsive lies?
Have we lost our fear, of the strength of the skies.
What is the essence of pain can anybody tell me?
Is it a test of resistance, a pervious introversion.
Why pretend to indulge, in relentless search for peace?
When we offer stratagem, diplomatic, downright deceit.
Why are we unconscious, maiming this existence?
Will we ever understand, life’s mystical persistence.
1997 – ©Copyright Lynette Dias-Gouveia
Comments about Four Random Questions by Lynette Dias Gouveia
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda