Friend Or Foe? - Poem by Gary McPhail
Think there your friends!
There your secret enemies with secret plots!
One's not enough?
Hide that evil face they will,
Until it appears to wind you up,
Who will they have?
Who have they got?
Who will they miss?
Who will they not?
They will laugh with you!
Until they will laugh at you!
They will make fun
with others who surround you!
Dont trust there faces! WHY trust there lies?
We've already been stupid because we welcomed these 'friends' into our lives!
While we lay awake at night,
Thinking of our rotten foes!
Try to think about the meaning of friendship!
Then realise how quickly it goes!
Who will we have?
Who have we got?
Dont misjudge their trust.
Can it be friendship or not?
Comments about Friend Or Foe? by Gary McPhail
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl