From Me To Me. - Poem by Safiyyah Manjra
What would be a nice gift for myself?
I thought of maybe a new bracelet,
Or a shoe with a comfortable fit.
Then a peculiar thought came to mind,
Something of which I have yet to find.
It is mastering myself.
For I am getting older,
Yet to know the mind of the face which I see in the mirror.
Some days I can be overwhelmed,
Bewildered as to how often I have to pretend.
For days can seem so foreign,
Instead of knowing what is therein.
Then, there are those little glimmers of hope.
Those words which make you cope.
Which occupies your entire being.
The one who tells you,
You must continue.
Comments about From Me To Me. by Safiyyah Manjra
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl