Funeral Flowers - Poem by Glenn Bagshaw
Cresting flowers are plumed as waves.
Lives, our lives are smashed ashore.
Slips rip tide, waves pour pounded mortal roar.
The single life now drowns.
The single mourns. Sea shouts loud at shrouds.
Sea yells, grief dwells
by the one ' you' born. One cold bloom fades.
Millions festooning adorn.
Bouquets mobbing waves; Forever slackened
floats the one forlorn.
Waves, waves sandblast us ashore.
Sprays of petals flow fathoms,
mantle tomb- floor.
Comments about Funeral Flowers by Glenn Bagshaw
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl