Good Intentions - Poem by Jade Leven
why do I feel you never hear me?
I need it more than ever now
because I had a dream woven into a fantasy
when I thought that we'd make it somehow
I travel through gardens, constant in nightmares
symbolic of our good intentions
a rose by another name would smell just as sweet
but 'love' sounds so much better than 'destruction'
and where were you when I told you I love you?
did you miss the point of that three-word phrase?
I know you want to heal my wounds
but your good intentions are so bad in so many ways
Comments about Good Intentions by Jade Leven
Edgar Allan Poe
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl