Jo Lynn Ehnes
Hand In Hand - Poem by Jo Lynn Ehnes
He reached out for my caring hand;
I grasped his tight in mine.
I helped him find a way to stand;
he taught my soul to shine.
His heart's no longer on the floor
and I've destroyed my walls.
Our love, now, guides us to the door
where fate's decision calls.
To enter through will shift our course.
Are we prepared for change?
To stay as is would bring remorse;
our lives must rearrange.
With souls entwined, we'll forge ahead,
engaging our new path.
This road is where His light has led,
away from sorrow's wrath.
Two kindred flames will take a chance;
create a union fire.
Combining in a lovers' dance,
we'll know our hearts' desire.
Comments about Hand In Hand by Jo Lynn Ehnes
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl