He Never Sent Her Flowers - Poem by moon batchelder
he never sent her flowers
she never seemed to mind
he never said; 'i love you'.
but he was always kind.
they never went on honeymoon.
she never bore his sons
or daughters. never wore his ring;
he'd never bought her one.
they never had a wedding,
never took the marriage vows,
yet their unspoken oaths remain
unbroken even now.
tho 'reft of signs external
'cept love in each one's heart,
still, betrothed and bound eternal;
e'en death did not them part!
Comments about He Never Sent Her Flowers by moon batchelder
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye