Hear No Evil - Speak No Evil - See No Evil - Poem by CHARMAINE SIMPSON
You left behind a bad taste in my life
Not unlike a cold cup of sour vomit.
You left behind a bad odour in my memory
Not unlike maggot infested rotting flesh.
You left behind a bad sound in my mind
Not unlike the screams of a tortured child
You left behind a bad picture behind my closed eyes
Not unlike the vision of a tortured nightmare
You left behind a bad feeling in my heart
Not unlike the sensation of abuse I once suffered.
You have left behind a scar on each of my senses
So that I can remember you,
Not unlike my memory of a cold, heavy, dark sadness.
March 11th 2006
Comments about Hear No Evil - Speak No Evil - See No Evil by CHARMAINE SIMPSON
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl