Heartbreak - Poem by Kylee Bartz
I sit on my bed
And I read the same thing over and over.
I read what he wrote when he loved me.
its over now,
Its been over for a while.
But the Heartbreak has never gone away.
The tears begin to flow from my eyes.
Like raindrops, they hit the paper.
And smear the ink.
my heart feels like it is dead.
Or perhaps its dying.
A fire once, now just embers fading away.
I try to stop the pain, but to no avail.
there is only one thing i can think of
to end the hurting.
I get up off my bed.
And close my eyes.
And peirce my heart with the dagger that rested in my hand.
As I have just second left,
I open my eyes.
And for the last time, I read what he wrote when he loved me.
Comments about Heartbreak by Kylee Bartz
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl