Hello - Poem by Terry Donovan
We only speak from time to time
In text on screen and words that rhyme
But every time I see your name
It adds a flicker to my flame.
Though far apart, for just a while
We share a moment and a smile
And on the net there seems to be
Nobody else, just you and me.
And for a while it seems enough
The mouse and keyboard do their stuff
Though all too soon we're moving on,
The page has changed, the moment gone
Reality brings back the gloom
Of sitting in an empty room.
We never really were a pair.
I'll have a game of Solitaire.
Comments about Hello by Terry Donovan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl