Julie A Smith
Hopeful Girl - Poem by Julie A Smith
The hopeful girl stares down at the blank page
and ponders the fresh promise of a new year.
Sometimes, like a bird, she needs to soar out of her cage,
and stop being afraid of the unknown fear.
The hopeful girl jots down some poetry
as she ponders her resolutions of the new year.
She wants to embrace life, love, and be free,
and desires lasting love to draw near.
The hopeful girl seeks fresh dreams,
passion, purpose, love, faith, and renewal.
Seeking the tarnish to rub off of her hurt and scarred seams,
her hidden desire is to shine like a beautiful, pure jewel.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Hopeful Girl by Julie A Smith
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl