How Badly Good! - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
I helped my neighbour put out the fire.
Yes, it should not spread to my door.
Heard of robbers in the next flat,
I bolted in, tight lipped,
And later said I was fast asleep.
I speak ill of men who eye woman
So that I can hide my evil eyes.
I attend my invalid parents
To show my son for his turn.
I did all frauds to heap wealth
To leave my children in good stead.
I met petty needs of people around
Lest my funeral should go unattended.
How badly I have grown good!
Comments about How Badly Good! by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda