A Woman Forty Plus Aspires - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
I must be the centre of attention
And reaffirm my desirability.
I must feel validated as a woman
And re-experience the romance of love.
Let be burnt the ennui of monogamy.
Let come again the sexual excitement
That I went through at my first night.
Need not the man in focus be a prince,
An emperor nor a millionaire.
Let him be the one I want to be with,
In accordance with my safety,
Proximity and convenience.
Just for a ‘love you leave you alliance.’
Yes, I must waste no time to test my worth
And remain faithful with my husband.
Comments about A Woman Forty Plus Aspires by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl