How I See It - Poem by Brigitt Rodriguez
Why is it that we can find 1,000 positive things about the most undeserving people around us, but we can only find flaws in ourselves...?
I look in the mirror and what do I see?
a pathetic, worthless version of me
I fool everyone with the perfected smile
though people see through it every once in a while
Close my eyes and disappear
At that thought I sometimes tear
It's never enough, what I do
I know you feel the same way too
Suicide? I wouldn't dare
Not that many would even care
You think I say this out of spite
But would you bet my life, on being right?
Comments about How I See It by Brigitt Rodriguez
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda