I Am (2016) - Poem by M.W. Styner
I am more valuable than judgement and the inequities.
I am never timid by the past that tries to haunt me.
I am neither rigid or spoiled with a silver spoon in thee mouth to fill my tummy.
I am more at peace with thee tears.
More at peace with thee fears.
Because through the raindrops that fall down my eyes
hope always appear.
I am optimistic for the future ahead.
I am forever speaking life over myself and keeping my worries dead.
I am close - minded to foolishness.
I am open - minded to intelligence.
By: M.W. Styner, Jr.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about I Am (2016) by M.W. Styner
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl