I Breathe Again - Poem by william mae
It came to me while I lay sleeping,
How my empty life's sustained.
Through the hurt my souls was feeling,
And I had only me to blame.
The torch for me she once had carried.
Now burns for another man.
I let it become my cancer,
Destroying the person that I am.
In my sleep I was given,
Vision's that might come to be.
And light a fire I thought would never,
Again burn deep inside of me.
When we meet I'll know for certain,
Leaving nothing up to guess.
I'll recognize the heart that's beating,
Just for me behind your breast.
Now today my sun seems brighter,
My soul awakened from its sleep.
The only question left to answer,
Is when this love will come to be.
Comments about I Breathe Again by william mae
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl