I Finally Emerge - Poem by Jeff Fleischer
I finally emerge from the shadows of the night.
I haven't slept in days or bothered to eat right.
I step outside and feel the wind and the cold.
The stubble on my face makes me look really old.
You told me never to call you or write you anymore.
My heart is wounded with an open sore.
I wish we hadn't broken our promises to each other.
But we did, and now we both can't help but to suffer.
I keep thinking about how our love was a lie.
Now that I realize that its really over,
I'm going inside to have a good long cry.
Comments about I Finally Emerge by Jeff Fleischer
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl