I Wish I Was Me - Poem by Gabriella Franco
Look at him! He's gorgeous, gentle, strong and amazing
Look at that! I'm a singer, with long multicolored hair and a strong, slightly off voice
Well look now, I'm up from rock bottom and smilin' a little
I worry about little and cry about less
I laugh and I wink, more than you think
And I never think about you
You hate me, who knows why?
I love him, God knows why
You say I'm a b*.ch, well, what now?
I'm miss independent, miss i know you want me now
You think i wish i was you?
Drunk and dirty, missing out on me?
Well damn, whoever you are
Oh, how you're wrong.
'Cause the only one I want to hold
Holds me tighter than you know
And the only thing I think lately is
Damn, I wish I was me
Comments about I Wish I Was Me by Gabriella Franco
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda