I Wonder What You See? - Poem by Rhonda Baker
I wonder what you see, when your eyes fall upon my face
Do you see a poet full of tenderness and grace?
Do you see the bull that lives inside of me?
Full of determination, strength and stubborn glee
When you hear me speak, do you hear the words I say?
Or do they hang in the air, and simply float away?
Do you hear the song, that's hidden in my voice?
I'd sing all day long if given a choice
Would you think me smart, upon first meeting me?
Or be surprised to find... my IQ 133
Or am I simply there taking up space
A faceless person in this human race
Comments about I Wonder What You See? by Rhonda Baker
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl