If Only I Could Change Things - Poem by Marilyn Lott
So many thoughts stay with me
Deep within my heart
I really would change things
If I could have a brand new start.
But, alas, I cannot start over
No, it can't ever be
But why can't I forget them
Is there something wrong with me?
A simple little change could make
Such a difference in my past
If it stays inside my heart
Then it will forever last.
Oh, God, please help me to forget
Just accept what my future brings
Keep me from always thinking about
If I could only change things!
Comments about If Only I Could Change Things by Marilyn Lott
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl