If You Were Sick - Poem by Marilyn Lott
If you were sick, I'd take care of you
Find a fluffy pillow for your head
I would get you a warm comfy blanket
Then I would sit right by your bed.
I'd make for you some chicken soup
I'd make it all from scratch
I'd bake some special cookies
I would make at least one batch.
I would read to you from a soothing book
About sunshine, butterflies and such
I would tell you funny stories
Let you know I love you so much.
My friend, you'd better stay healthy
For I would have time for only you
I would spend my time if you were sick
Nothing else I would be able to do.
Comments about If You Were Sick by Marilyn Lott
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda