Ignorance - Poem by Scarlett Charlotte
My addiction, loathsome craving
Plagues my heart with wanton yearning
My addiction, lonesome, frozen
Is the need to keep on learning
Can I but sit and hear the thunder
Or just gaze upon the sky?
Never, Dear, my mind asunder
Oh Creation! How and why?
All around me- Beauty, splendour.
The weathered bud, the pallid due.
But why does frost bite down in winter.
I could rest - If just I knew.
Why did not God - in all his glory-
Perfect his greatest masterpiece
Before he moved to mass production?
And now the questions never cease.
Comments about Ignorance by Scarlett Charlotte
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl