In My Heart - Poem by Judith Vriesema
I saw you in my heart long before the last seagull fell asleep to the sound of jazz playing across the sea.
I saw you when dreams took hold of my logic and encircled me into a past I never knew.
I heard you when the snow fell against my window
and played games with my heart.
I felt you long before I knew you when the sun painted the sky in sunset colours.
I listened for your footfall many years before the symphony began.
I felt the wind of your voice around me long before I heard you cry.
I knew the sound of your breath when the cold Icelandic wind woke me from my sleep.
I wished for you long before you smiled.
And I cried for you long before you said good-bye.
Comments about In My Heart by Judith Vriesema
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda