In Those Moments - Poem by susan cook
It's the moments of selfless reflection that I most enjoy.
When my unconditional love returns.
When I possess nothing,
and so I possess everything.
Time without need, time in love.
I have never seen the ocean need the shore,
but I have seen it caress the shore.
I have never felt the sun need my skin,
but I have felt it love my soul.
I have never before loved, in a way that my heart gives, effortlessly.
But I do so still,
in those moments of selfless reflection.
Comments about In Those Moments by susan cook
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl