Is It Better To Be Dead? - Poem by Ciera Ivey
What would you do
If you really were dead?
Would you be happy
Or would you cry instead?
You talk of it often
Inside your head
But why do you wish that
Wish yourself to be dead?
Do you think it would hurt?
You've asked more than twice
But why do you ask this?
Why do you hate your life?
Do you want it slow and painful?
Or quick and painless?
Do you want to bleed?
Or for the blood to be stainless?
Comments about Is It Better To Be Dead? by Ciera Ivey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl