Jo Lynn Ehnes
King Of My Heart - Poem by Jo Lynn Ehnes
A surging gust of changing wind
has pushed me down a path unknown.
Engaging dreams I won't rescind
will place me at my lover's throne.
He'll gently brush his noble hand
across my soft but weary brow.
His tenderness will take command
and to his velvet touch I'll bow.
My fire will circumvent his heart,
then cauterize the gaping hole;
a tear that ripped his realm apart
and left a chasm in his soul.
Two kindred flames ignite in dance,
which sparks a royal duet's tune.
This hurting king will second chance
and waltz beneath the autumn moon.
With newfound faith, my hopes he'll take
and forge a castle 'round our dream.
Emotions, dead, are now awake
to love that grows and reigns supreme.
Comments about King Of My Heart by Jo Lynn Ehnes
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl