Kingdoms (1995) - Poem by Patrick Wescott
Do you ever think religion is evil?
Do you realise the act that creates life can kill us all?
(It's trying you know?)
Let us create a new kingdom.
One of song and freedom,
where children can laugh and dance,
without fear of repression.
Let us tear down the factories,
and send the politicians,
to rule themselves.
Give us the ability to live
without destroying others.
And when the sun is high,
let us scream the primal scream
to release our anger.
Comments about Kingdoms (1995) by Patrick Wescott
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl