Locust - Poem by Ryan Sanders
These men who are leading
They are blind
With our children bleeding
Will they leave them fallen behind?
Oh America what has happened to thee?
You were the envy of all nations
Now you are viewed as treacherous
Why have you become so carnivorous?
What happened to the Land of the Free?
What happened to your prosperity?
When will you lead the world to peace?
When will you end this Age of Hypocrisy?
Now it seems to be the end of Ages
We are realizing that the leaders have lost focus
They have locked us all in cages
In the Book of Revelation
America has taken it's place
As the armor for the Swarm of Locusts
Comments about Locust by Ryan Sanders
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl