Ryan Sanders Poems
- To You, Africa You are a beautiful terra firma With ...
- As I Walk... As I walk along this unknown path of emotions I...
- Heed It is the Whistle I hear Rattling my subconscious ...
- Accept It seems as though Our life energy Continously ...
- A Notion I feel this is not enough These words I write give ...
- To The Puppet Masters You never seem to listen Still I ...
- Locust These men who are leading They are blind With our ...
I am living in Alaska and attending college where I plan to pursue an extensive education in Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Journalism(?) and an undecided area of Natural Science. I also plan to attend college for the remainder of my life teaching what I learn and writing poetry, books, essays and articles to promote awareness and unity among the people of Earth. I am here for a reason, one ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
To You, Africa
You are a beautiful terra firma
With beautiful people
Rich in history
Rich in prosperity
You are a land of life hard lived
Through droughts and famines
Your people had a lot to give
Your villages were of close community
Unlike that of civilization
You were the best example
that the world could have seen
Then the toubob began to arrive
And your people were taken
With no regard for your childrens lives
I know you are still shaken
Taken from the land they loved
Shoving their beloved Earth into their mouth
For one last taste of ...