Sidi J. Mahtrow
Lol - Poem by Sidi J. Mahtrow
Lots of Luck the warden said
As he turned the key in the lock
And left the inmate that he'd lead.
Into the prison's worst block.
For you have to meet your companions
One by loving one,
And they'll treat you to horrors
Unknown to some.
That's the price you must pay
For having transgressed
In such a spiteful way
The price is a sometimes only a kiss.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
It means laugh out loud
But can you LOL without being proud
Can you be in love
Without the dove
Can you live a life
Without a knife
Submitted: Wednesday, April 18,2012
Comments about Lol by Sidi J. Mahtrow
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl