Lost For Words - Poem by Dónall Dempsey
It was you
who originated the saying.
It became our way
of saying goodbye.
A running joke
that constantly perplexed people.
“Very well then…f**k off & die! ”
we’d laugh & hug.
But I never meant for you
to take me literally.
And I am lost
Comments about Lost For Words by Dónall Dempsey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl