Love - Poem by Christy Murphy
When I try to describe love, I think about the beauty of autumn…it just takes your breath away.
The vibrant reds and oranges of the trees are like the fire in your heart, open, vulnerable, lashing out into the world before winter casts its shadow.
Love is standing out and taking a chance…reaching for every opportunity to hold onto its flame.
The cold, crisp autumn morning air is followed by the smell of ripening apples that leave you longing for more…holding on to each precious moment.
It represents the peacefulness, desire, and strength of bearing what lies ahead knowing that through the good and bad that flame is still there waiting underneath it all.
Spring bears its bloom as a reminder.
Comments about Love by Christy Murphy
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl